Mary, the mother of Jesus, lived a favored life. Luke's gospel is clear that she was plucked out of obscurity, spoken to by an angel, and told that she had found favor with God (Luke 1:28 & 30). Mary's life proves a point that Isaiah 66:1-2 spikes home...God is searching for people to place his favor. Some facts about favor from Mary's life and other biblical heroes
God’s favor is…
- Attainable – Within the reach of anyone
- Brutal – Plenty of trials and challenges
- Epic – Front row seat to see God’s power
How Did Mary Find Favor With God? We have the answer in her response to the angel Gabriel. "Behold , I am a servant of the Lord; let it be according to your word." (Luke 1:38)
Mary was from Nazareth…
but she lived in Surrender!
Why risk living surrendered?
- When you own your weakness you discover true power.
- The impact of your surrender will be felt for many years.
- God sees everything and he’ll see a surrendered you.
Surrendered people are favored people…will you surrender your life to God?